• slider1.png
  • slider2.png
  • slider3.png
  • slider4.png
  • slider5.png
  • slider6.png
  • slider7.png
  • slider8.png

New army recruits of 9ID, takes oath

 

 

CAMP ELIAS ANGELES, Pili, Camarines Sur-At least two hundred young army recruits took their oath of allegiance during the opening ceremony of the Candidate Soldier Course (CSC) held at the Quense Martirez Grounds here in Camp Elias Angeles, Monday, June 3.

 

The 219 new male candidate soldiers, who will compose the Candidate Soldier Course Class 578-19, marched into to the military ground that signals the start of their military training and bid goodbye to their civilian lives.

 

The new recruits were selected from more than 700 aspirants who applied for the military profession and passed a meticulous and careful selection process. The series of tests includes the Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT), physical fitness test, neuro-psychiatric test, drug test, medical and dental examinations, trade/skills test and strings of inquisitive interviews.

 

MGEN FERNANDO T TRINIDAD AFP, Commander ,9iD quoted a famous passage during his message- “ The more we swear in training, the less we bleed in battle”, to remind and encourage the new recruits to be determined to endure the hardships of the four months rigorous military training which they will go through.

 

“Kaya naman upang maging isang mabuting sundalo ay nararapat lamang na maging handa kayong matuto sa mga panibagong kaalaman upang pagyamanin ang inyong mga kakayahn,” [To be a good soldier, it is important that you prepare yourselves in acquiring new knowledge which will enhance your capabilities.] MGEN TRINIDAD added.

 

After the ceremonial oath taking, the new recruits went through the traditional reception rites. This rite of passage is a series of military exercises; same exercises the new recruits will endure on a daily bases during their 4 - month rigid military training under the supervision of 9th Division Training School (9DTS) of 9th Infantry Division.

 

Bicolanos made up the 70% of new recruits, while the remaining 30% comes from the different provinces of the country. With this, the Command is eager to convert them into professional soldiers and incorporate the “young bloods” to “SPEAR” troopers serving Bicol region.